Librarian -- Maricopa Community College District: Phoenix College -- Phoenix, AZ
Librarian (library faculty, instructional lead) Job ID 310837
Please visit jobs.maricopa.edu and search by Job ID or by title Librarian
Salary Range: $44,897 - $86,519/annually, DOE
Work Calendar: 9 Months
Please take time to review Phoenix College’s Learning College philosophy at http://www.phoenixcollege.edu/learning-college
Working within a learning college environment, this position will lead and further develop the library's information literacy instruction efforts by supporting contextualized learning both in and out of the classroom. In the spirit of the Learning College philosophy and in support of PC's strategic goals, you will work with a dynamic group of colleagues to create life-changing learning experiences as we continue to respond to community needs and to advance as a student-ready college.
- 45% - Coordinates the information literacy instruction program by developing, implementing and assessing its outcomes and strategies and by serving as lead instructional librarian
- 20% - Promotes library services and works collaboratively with faculty and staff to integrate information literacy into the curriculum and the co-curricular experiences of our students
- 20% - Provides reference service and assists with special projects as needed
- 10% - Participates in cooperative collection development in support of curriculum and student needs
- 5% - Participates in department, campus, and district workgroups/committees
- A master's degree in Library or Information Science (or its equivalent) from a graduate professional program accredited by the American Library Association
- EDU250-Teaching and Learning in the Community Colleges-or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire
- Professional experience teaching contextualized information literacy concepts
- Experience with active learning practices, adult learning strategies, and varying approaches to learning assessment
- Current awareness of trends and developments in the information ecosystem and/or American higher education
- Experience in designing and implementing effective user-centered online instructional tools
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboratively supporting learning environments that are accessible yet challenging for diverse/under-resourced learners’ needs
- Professional reference service experience, preferably in academic library setting
- Knowledge of the philosophy and principles of a Learning College
Special Working Conditions: May be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
How to Apply
Only applications with unofficial transcripts, resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), and cover letter addressing how the applicant meets the stated qualifications will be considered. If your master’s degree is not in the teaching field, then please list the 18 graduate semester hours completed in the teaching field in your application materials.
MCCCD accepts unofficial transcripts for U.S. schools at the time of application. Unofficial transcripts are submitted as an attachment to the application. Transcripts from non U.S. institutions must be translated/evaluated and provided with application material.
Applicants are required to submit a sample lesson plan for a contextualized information literacy session along with a description of the class/course/subject for which it was prepared.
Please take the time to review Phoenix College's Learning College Philosophy at http://www.phoenixcollege.edu/learning-college and the PC Strategic Plan at https://www.phoenixcollege.edu/about/strategic-planning
Posting Close Date: Apply on or before May 29, 2018
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.