Librarian (short term position) -- Maricopa Community College District: Phoenix College -- Phoenix, AZ
Librarian (library faculty, short term) Job ID 310827
Please visit jobs.maricopa.edu and search by Job ID or by title Librarian
Salary Range: $48,819 - $56,980/annually, DOE. This short term position begins August 10, 2018 and ends May 10, 2019.
Work Calendar: 9 Months
Please take time to review Phoenix College's Learning College philosophy at http://www.phoenixcollege.edu/learning-college
Working within a learning college environment, this position will actively provide contextualized information literacy instruction in person, online, and in a variety of settings - including at the reference desk. Aligning with the Learning College philosophy and supporting PC's strategic goals, you will work with a dynamic group of colleagues to create life-changing learning experiences.
- 40% - Designs and delivers contextualized information literacy instruction to a diverse population in a variety of settings and modalities
- 40% - Provides reference services
- 10%- Assists with collection development in support of curriculum and student needs
- 10% - Participates collaboratively in ad hoc workgroups and assists with special projects as needed
- A master's degree in Library or Information Science (or its equivalent) from a graduate professional program accredited by the American Library Association
- EDU250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community Colleges-or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire
- Reference service experience within the last two (2) years, preferably in an academic library setting
- Knowledge of active learning practices, adult learning strategies, and varying approaches to learning assessment
- Experience working collaboratively with other professionals to innovate and problem-solve
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated commitment to serving others with courtesy
- Knowledge of the philosophy and principles of a Learning College
Special Working Conditions
This short term position begins August 10, 2018 and ends May 10, 2019.
May be required to work evenings and/or weekends. Travel to and from other college campuses may be required.
How to Apply
Only applications with unofficial transcripts, resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), and cover letter addressing how the applicant meets the stated qualifications will be considered. If your master’s degree is not in the teaching field, then please list the 18 graduate semester hours completed in the teaching field in your application materials.
MCCCD accepts unofficial transcripts for U.S. schools at the time of application. Unofficial transcripts are submitted as an attachment to the application. Transcripts from non U.S. institutions must be translated/evaluated and provided with application material.
Applicants are required to submit a sample lesson outline for an information literacy session.
Posting Close Date: Apply on or before May 29, 2018.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.