Learning Enhancement Center Supervisor -- Oklahoma City University -- Oklahoma City, OK
Category: Professional Library Services
Job Location: 2501 N Blackwelder Ave, Oklahoma City, OK
Tracking Code: 2121
Posting Date: 5/18/2021
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Apply here: https://jobs.silkroad.com/OKCU/StaffCareers/Apply/MultiForm/1140
The Learning Enhancement Center Supervisor (LEC Supervisor) serves as the primary touchstone and coordinator for the Learning Enhancement Center designed to promote academic success and study strategies across campus. The LEC Supervisor ensures quality delivery of center programming. Additionally, the LEC Supervisor assists in the operations of the library circulation desk. The LEC Supervisor provides supervision for student employees and reports to the Director of the library and coordinates leave requests with the Access Services Librarian.
Demonstrate an attitude and behavior that reflects the mission and values of the university and the department.
LEC Supervision and Support (65% of role):
- Coordinates daily operations of the Learning Enhancement Center, including hiring and supervising student staff members, scheduling, and delivery of academic coaching and tutoring.
- Oversees and assists the progress of students admitted on probation. Provides student success resources and guidance to students who may require additional academic support, including development for learning strategies, self-advocacy, organizational skills, time management, and communication skills.
Circulation Services (35% of role):
- Provides excellent customer service while providing oversight for the circulation desk ensuring student workers follow policy and procedures while completing their daily checklists. Oversees and manages circulation desk activities including: library policy interpretation and enforcement, check-out and return, fine collection.
- Serves as evening supervisor; closes the library at the end of the evening shift ensuring that the facility is vacated and the contents are safely secured.
- Assists with library shelf maintenance, as needed, re-shelving and shelf reading the collection, and picking up in-house circulation.
Other duties as assigned.
**The max budgeted rate for this position is $13.91/hour.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, assign, and oversee day-to-day activities of the LEC
- Knowledge of study and learning techniques and strategies applicable to assigned subject matter(s) for students at varying levels of English and subject-matter proficiency
- Knowledge of tutorial methods
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment including computers and applicable software programs
- Skill in clear and effective communication, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student files and records
- Ability to maintain sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of university community members
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential student issues and situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with DBL staff, faculty, students, and the greater OCU community
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to receive direction from supervisors and demonstrate accountability
- Required Education: A bachelor's degree is required.
- Preferred Education: An advanced degree in English.
Preferred Experience: Previous experience in tutoring.
Additional Required Application Materials
Cover Letter, List of Professional References, CV or Resume
Available at full-time university rates
Scheduled hours will normally be 3 pm to midnight, Sunday through Thursday, during regular semesters; hours will vary during prefinals/finals and over the summer and holiday periods. Some overtime may be required.