Library Systems Administrator -- Eastern New Mexico University -- Portales, NM
OPENING DATE: 05/28/21
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Under the general supervision of the Director, Golden Library, the Library Systems Administrator implements, manages, and oversees all technologies within the Library, including the Integrated Library System (ILS), the Discovery Service (DS), the web portal, and all current and new systems used within the Library.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in a team-oriented environment, the Library Systems Administrator will:
- Serve as the primary technical contact with library automation software and licensed database vendors. Support the use and accessibility of library systems and databases.
- Participate with focus groups in the evaluation and recommendation of software and hardware used in various aspects of library operations.
- Effectively resolve library system problems by conducting thorough analyses of problems and employing appropriate aids to resolve problems.
- Collaborate and coordinate with librarians, library staff, and ITS as needed to ensure the availability of technology resources.
- Provide a high level of customer service to library clients, communicating with library staff and clients about technology and software needs.
- Responsible for all library systems administration duties which include all matters pertaining to OCLC WorldShare Management Services (WMS), OCLC EZProxy, EBSCO Discovery Services (EDS), and electronic resources upkeep and maintenance.
- Maintain library portal and web page information as needed.
- Attend meetings and maintain active memberships in relevant local, regional, state and national associations. Remains current on IT and library technology trends, issues, and standards.
- Provide remote technical support for library systems to students, faculty and staff from all ENMU campuses.
- Evaluate emerging technologies for application within library systems.
- Assist with specialized reports and perform other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to Golden Library initiatives that further ENMU’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to think and thrive in a logical, creative and ever-changing innovative environment.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by the system.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, manage and document technology deployment projects.
- Demonstrated experience administering Linux and windows operating systems, managing authentication and monitoring for performance and security.
- Demonstrated experience deploying web applications (with preference for Java based and php based) and use of code versioning systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common library interoperability protocols (OAI, Z39.50, SRU), metadata frameworks (e.g. MARC and Dublin Core) and web services (service oriented architecture).
- Familiarity with XML and XML Schemas.
- Experience of managing library systems: Integrated Library System (OCLC WMS preferred), OpenURL, link resolver (SFX preferred) and EZProxy.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as experience working with broadly diverse communities.
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is performed inside during scheduled hours
- Work is sedentary in nature with 20 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry
- Work requires talking; reaching and handling objects with the use of the arms and fingers; and hearing and seeing
Essential Functions: [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
Application Review Date: Open Until Filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
Letter of interest
Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Eastern New Mexico University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission, and the University is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner.