Associate Director of User Services -- Tarleton State University -- Stephenville, TX
Tarleton State University, a founding member of the Texas A&M University System is seeking a forward thinking, enthusiastic leader to help serve our growing population. Located in Stephenville, Texas, we are close enough to enjoy the benefits of a big city (Ft. Worth) without the traffic. In the library, we are striving to re-envision our services and meet the demands of our growing population both physical and online. We wholeheartedly support the new Tarleton values of Excellence, Integrity, and Respect and welcome all applications from qualified candidates. Come see what we are about and consider joining a welcoming group of dedicated professionals.
The Dick Smith Library is accepting applications for the Associate Director of User Services. This position reports to the Dean of Libraries and is responsible for providing oversight to the User Services division.
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00 AM-5:00 PM or as work requirements indicate. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Essential job functions for this position:
- Planning, coordination, and administration of the User Services division, including the Undergraduate, Graduate, and Faculty Service units.
- Administration of remote services, including reference, instruction, and liaising at all university locations.
- Coordination with the Dean and Associate Director to maintain Library calendars and schedules to maximize user access.
- Coordination with the Dean, Associate Director, and Library IT Coordinator to administer network, applications, resources, and other technologies.
- Development of reference resources, archives, and special collections.
- Reference service to users, including some evening and weekend hours.
Application and full job posting: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TARLETON_External/job/Stephenville-T...
- Masters degree in Library Science.
- Seven years of related experience in a library setting, including related supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Knowledge of library operations, systems, and services. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and research skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and as a team leader.
This is a twelve-month, professional appointment with a proposed annual salary of $60,000, plus benefits, including choice of group medical and retirement programs; approximately 14 state holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; tuition program; and no state or local income tax.
Applications accepted only online at https://www.tarleton.edu/jobs/. Documents required: Completed online application, cover letter, CV, three professional references with complete contact information. Application review will begin August 2, 2021. Open until filled.
Tarleton State University, a member of The Texas A&M University System, provides a student‐ focused, value‐driven educational experience marked by academic innovation and exemplary service, and dedicated to transforming students into tomorrow’s professional leaders. With campuses in Stephenville, Fort Worth, Waco, Midlothian and online, Tarleton engages with its communities to provide real‐world learning experiences and to address societal needs while maintaining its core values of integrity, leadership, tradition, civility, excellence and service. Tarleton State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer. As a member of The Texas A&M System, Tarleton will provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and will strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity through The Texas A&M System.