Patron Services Division Director -- North Dakota State Library -- Bismark, ND
Join our team of dedicated professionals at the State Library where we provide pathways to information and innovation by making connections, strengthening communities and enriching lives!
We offer a rewarding work environment, career development opportunities and an excellent benefit package, including a fully paid family health insurance plan, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement plan, 457 deferred compensation plan, and voluntary insurance benefits including dental, vision and life insurance.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to lead the team of librarians and staff that serve our patrons with Reference, Circulation and InterLibrary Loan services as well as our Talking Books department that serves patrons with visual and physical disabilities.
POSITION: Patron Services Division Director
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $4,613+; dependent on experience
CLOSING DATE TO APPLY: June 21, 2021
Summary of Work
- Plan, coordinate, evaluate and manage all aspects of the Patron Services Division which includes Circulation, InterLibrary Loan, Reference and Talking Books
- Supervise nine employees within the Patron Services Division; conduct hiring, training and evaluation processes for employees
- Collect and compile reports on department statistics
- Serve on the agency's Executive Leadership Team
Approximately 10% of time may be spent in travel to attend professional development and training related opportunities.
- MLIS from ALA accredited institution
- 3 years of professional library experience
- 2 years of experience in a management role which included direct supervision of staff
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in access, resource sharing and delivery services
- Experience with the development, evaluation and maintenance of programs, policies and procedures related to the division
- Experience with providing reference services / public services
- Experience with library technology and systems including Polaris and OCLC
- Ability to train staff on circulation, reference and reader's advisory
All applications for open State Library positions must be made via the State of ND Careers site: www.nd.gov/careers. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Application materials must be received by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All potential applicants must attach and / or upload the following documents in a .pdf, .doc or .docx format.
- Cover letter that includes a brief description of applicant's background / qualifications
- Three work-related references
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State Library does not provide sponsorships.
Contact Hope Wedul, HR Officer at (701)328-3357 or email@example.com for more information, accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.