Administrative Associate IV -- West Texas A&M University -- Canyon, TX
Job Title: Administrative Associate IV
Agency: West Texas A&M University
Department: Library Operations
Proposed Minimum Salary: $12.36 hourly
Job Location: Canyon, Texas
Job Type: Staff
The A&M System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Eligible employees will have access to paid leave programs in addition to 13-15 paid holidays each year. For more information regarding the benefit package go to: West Texas A&M University: Human Resources Benefits
This position assists with the day to day running of the Cornette Library’s Administration office, which includes but is not limited to answering phones, greeting guests, and coordinating the maintenance of files, records, office supplies, and equipment. Maintains Administration office and Pippa’s Coffee Shop manuals and inventories, and orders library and Pippa’s Coffee Shop supplies, equipment, and computer software. Hires, schedules, and trains students to work in the Administration office as well as Pippa’s Coffee Shop. Oversees student payroll budget and insures that the bi-weekly payroll in Workday is submitted correctly and on time. Assists with library events as needed. Works shifts in Pippa’s Coffee Shop as needed. Provides clerical support to other library units as needed.
Library Administrative Office Management:
- Assists with the day to day running of the Cornette Library’s Administration office by answering phones, greeting guests, and coordinating the maintenance of files, records, office supplies, and equipment.
- Initiates written and verbal correspondence and conducts research for the Library Administration Team
- Hires, schedules, and trains students to work in the library Administration office
- Maintains Administration office manuals and library signage in print and digital formats.
- Handles sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Conducts and maintains annual equipment inventories
- Disseminates information about library hours in various formats as needed.
- Meets with Library Facilities Manager on a regular basis and with library Administration office staff weekly to foster excellent communication among office staff and to address any concerns
- Orders and coordinates distribution of office supplies, equipment, and computer software for library departments.
- Procures supplies for Pippa’s Coffee Shop and library events.
Pippa's Coffee Shop:
- Oversees the running of Pippa’s Coffee Shop, which includes inventorying and purchasing merchandise, and hiring, scheduling, and training student workers.
- Consults with Library Facilities Manager on coffee shop policy decisions.
- Collaborates with Outreach & Instruction staff to market Pippa’s Coffee Shop.
- Insures compliance with required university, state, and federal guidelines and permits.
- Works shifts in coffee shop when needed between 8 am and 5 pm.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other university departments on behalf of library Administration.
- Assists in the planning of library events.
- Assists in placing and maintaining departmental work orders with IT and physical plant.
- Assists Library Facilities Manager with processing surplus items.
- Serves as backup for facilities issues.
- Insures that the bi-weekly payroll in Workday is submitted correctly and on time.
- Oversees student payroll budget.
- Provides annual student payroll data to Library Director for library reports.
- Maintains full-time staff and student assistants work schedules and contact information.
- Provides clerical support to other library units as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of related experience providing administrative support in a collaborative office environment.
- 1 year of supervisory experience assisting with hiring, payroll, and evaluation.
- Experience running a cash register and credit card terminal.
- Extensive knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of office database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others in a busy office environment with moderate foot traffic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated ability in providing customer service.
- Library experience.
- Food service experience.
- Texas Food Handler's License
- Knowledge of MS Publisher and HTML.
Interested parties should apply at https://jobs.wtamu.edu
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
- Three references
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Please use the “Upload” button to add each document individually. All revisions must be made prior to application submission. If you need assistance with uploading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas law requires all males age 18 through 25 to be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.