Reference & Instruction Librarian -- Lincoln University -- Jefferson City, MO
Inman E. Page Library at Lincoln University seeks an innovative thinker, with strong instruction and people skills to join our team as the Reference & Instruction Librarian. Reporting to the Director of Library Services, this position coordinates the library’s instruction programs by collaborating with faculty, staff, and fellow librarians.
This librarian assists other librarians with lesson planning and instructional objectives, teaches for assigned subject areas, advises on assessment methods, and brainstorms collaborative strategies. The librarian in this position also coordinates an embedded librarian program, including planning, promoting, and instructing based on a core set of goals and values. An emphasis on information literacy, in tandem with existing course outcomes, is expected. This librarian is also responsible for professional tasks within the reference area, including reference services, collection development for assigned subjects, and the creation of research support guides.
- Master of Library or Information Science degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
- One year of experience working in an academic library in providing reference and instruction in a postsecondary academic or adult services library.
- Familiarity with best practices in Information Literacy instruction based on the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a flexible and adaptable attitude as well as a strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, and students.
- Second master’s degree, with a preference for business, psychology, or a related field.
- Experience with teaching or library instruction.
- Two years of professional experience in a library, with a preference for academic libraries.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of individuals.
- Experience or familiarity in using and instructing an ILS (Sierra preferred)
- Serve as library liaison to designated departments
- Work with professors to align library instruction with assignments; advises on lesson planning and implementation for fellow librarians; teach in assigned subject areas; and seeks new course collaboration opportunities as a teaching and research partner.
- Create scaffolded tutorials on research strategies, information sources, and digital literacy skills for in-person and digital use, while working with LibGuides and other content creation tools.
- Plan and coordinates information literacy assessment models that can be adapted to suit varied course content
- Develop and maintains LibGuide pages to support subject areas
- Perform instruction in the Library Science Minor program
- Provide quality internal training on digital and in-person information literacy instruction.
- Participate in some capacity with the MOBIUS library consortium
vOther duties as may be assigned
Faculty Research and Service:
- Serve as a member of committees in the library and the University.
- Remain current in the library discipline and assigned liaison areas.
- Publish chapters, book reviews, or other peer-reviewed written content for theoretical or practical aspects of the library field.
- Participate in conferences and professional organizations.
- Pursue and assist with grants and other funding for special projects and initiatives.
For more information and to apply, go to https://bluetigerportal.lincolnu.edu/web/human-resource-services/job-opp...