Research and Instruction Librarian -- Truman State University -- Kirksville, MO
Research and Instruction Librarian
Pickler Memorial Library
Pickler Memorial Library at Truman State University is seeking applicants for the position of Research and Instruction Librarian. Primary responsibilities include designing and conducting instructional sessions as part of the library’s information literacy program, providing high quality reference and research assistance, participating in the library's collection development program and serving as liaison to one or more disciplines. The successful candidate will also monitor trends in emerging technologies and work with staff to implement those that support library services and instruction. This public service position includes some evening and weekend hours.
Pickler Memorial Library is a member of MOBIUS, a multi-state consortium of academic and public libraries.
- Master's of Library/Information Science degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the concepts, goals, and methods of information literacy instruction with a demonstrated ability to teach.
- Knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies.
- Familiarity with web design.
- Strong commitment to public service and teamwork with the ability to work successfully with faculty, staff, and students.
vKnowledge of a wide range of information resources and tools to support research assistance to patrons.
- Familiarity with WordPress for website design.
- Experience with instruction and reference services in an academic library setting.
- Experience using Social Media for marketing and promotion of library services.
Recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For more details and application instructions, please view the full posting here: https://secure.truman.edu/positionlisting-s/positiondetails.asp?position...
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2021 and continue until position is filled.