Principal Marketer and Webmaster -- Wyoming State Library -- Cheyenne, WY
Principal Marketer and Webmaster
Wyoming State Library
Apply on the State of Wyoming jobs site at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wyoming/jobs/3299901/pimm09-2021-...
Hiring range: $4,429 – $5,545 monthly
The Wyoming State Library seeks an experienced and qualified individual to serve as Principal Marketer and Webmaster in Cheyenne, Wyoming. This position is multifaceted and covers a wide spectrum of responsibilities.
The Marketing Lead (PIMM09) reports directly to the State Librarian and is responsible for all marketing initiatives, the agency’s marketing/communications plan, social media standards, and the maintenance of the WSL website (library.wyo.gov).
The incumbent uses a variety of technologies, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide professional marketing campaigns and promotions on behalf of the State Library’s many online resources and programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and maintain website platform, website content, and platform plugins, to include security and backup processes.
- Using Adobe Creative Cloud, create graphic design for all public facing marketing materials to promote the State Library’s online resources and programs.
- Work with WSL staff, third-party marketing agencies, and WYLD consortium member librarians to share and promote campaign level events on behalf of the Wyoming library community.
- Oversee promotion for the WSL’s literacy program Wyoming Reads.
- Oversee the standards and use of agency social media accounts.
- Create/deliver content management training as needed.
- Offer design and desktop publishing assistance to the parent agency, (Department of Administration and Information) as required.
- Design, implement and evaluate a communications plan which is responsive to the needs of the Wyoming library community, state agencies, and the general public. Serve as the state library’s media liaison.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy to maximize the use of library resources by state agencies and residents. Promote programs and events. Establish a process to measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Works with WSL staff, third-party marketing agencies, and WYLD consortium member librarians to share and promote campaign-level events on behalf of the Wyoming library community.
- Provide creative management and visual design of web-based content management systems and social media used by the state library. Ensure that content is reviewed regularly and updated as necessary. Respond to public inquiries received via the web.
- Design, develop and maintain website platform, content, and platform plugins to include security and backup processes.
- Serve as a state library management team member to identify key messages and develop communication strategies that address the library’s service priorities.
- Manage special programs and events such as One Book Wyoming. Monitor associated contracts and prepare final reports for these programs. Provide and staff state library exhibits at state, regional, and national conferences and meetings such as the Wyoming Library Association conference and the National Book Festival.
- Assist other A&I divisions with public information and media responsibilities. The time availability and types of duties will be approved by WSL supervisory staff.
About the State Library
The Wyoming State Library serves as the state government publications depository and is a federal documents depository. Staff manage the statewide shared WYLD catalog and the GoWYLD databases, and we support development of all types of libraries across the state. Our tight-knit and dedicated staff works to help libraries better serve their communities. Work in a collegial environment with opportunities for professional development and networking both at the state and national levels.
This job offers a competitive benefits package that includes paid leave, insurance, and retirement. The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Enjoy the West at its best in Cheyenne, Wyoming! This growing city (pop. 64,235, U.S. Census Bureau) at the intersection of I-80 and I-25 is Wyoming’s state capital and the seat of Laramie County government. Convenient to Denver and the Front Range, it also offers access to outdoor recreation including hiking, mountain biking, cross-country skiing, and rock climbing. Not only that, but it’s the home of Cheyenne Frontier Days, the largest outdoor rodeo in the world.