Head of Access Services, Library -- Northeastern State University -- Tahlequah, OK
Head of Access Services, Library, Tahlequah
Apply here: https://nsuok.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/requisition/837/application?c...
Notice to applicants
It is Northeastern State University’s policy that all newly hired employees must provide an original social security card during the hiring process. Failure to provide an original social security card will delay the hiring process and ability to begin employment.
This position is responsible for coordinating the library’s access services functions.
- Coordinates schedules for staff and student workers; interviews, hires, trains and supervises student workers.
- Ensures library is opened and closed according to policies and procedures.
- Completes the Access Services Annual report.
- Directs the delivery of patron services; provides assistance to patrons at the front desk.
- Assists library staff with collection development activities.
- Assists in the planning of furniture and equipment updates.
- Manages cash funds for books sales, copies, and print management.
- Maintains and updates library signage.
- Assists in the planning of special library events.
- Provides for alternative staffing of the library during inclement weather.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of library policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
- Knowledge of staff scheduling principles.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
The work consists of varied duties in the coordination of library access services. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate the delivery of patron services to library patrons. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of library operations.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Oklahoma for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Annual salary commensurate with experience.
Projected hire date January 4, 2022.
Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2021.
NOTE: Posting will close to applicants at ll:59 p.m., CST, on the date above. An application cannot be changed after it has been submitted.