Youth Services Coordinator -- Waco-McLennan County Library -- Waco, TX
Are you creative, energetic, and innovative? Do you believe in the mission of libraries and want to share that enthusiasm with the public? Then the Waco-McLennan County Library wants you to join its team. We are searching for someone who is passionate about providing excellent library services to the people of Waco and excited about new challenges.
Youth Services Coordinator
- Coordinates library services and activities for children and families across all four library locations, including informational, instructional, and recreational programs and projects;
- Design, promote, present, and evaluate a variety of programs for children of all ages, based on their developmental needs and interests and the goals of the library.
- Plans, develops and organizes special outreach and promotional programs and activities.
- Develop and maintain the children’s collections by reviewing, evaluating, selecting, purchasing, and withdrawing materials.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons by assisting them with reference, readers’ advisory, and general computer questions.
- Organize, maintain, and purchase appropriate supplies.
- Compile, evaluate, and analyze data, and develop reports for division.
- Evaluate the library’s services for children and families and make recommendations for improvement and suggestions for new services, policies, and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to relate well with children and be comfortable working with children individually and in groups.
- Knowledge of authors, titles and reading interest of children.
- Knowledge of childhood development and learning stages.
- Knowledge of recreational and educational needs of children.
- Knowledge of library materials, services, and operations for children.
- Knowledge of emerging information and library technologies for children.
- Delivering quality library children’s programs and services to the community.
- Ability to exercise initiative, leadership and independent judgement.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, use time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Managing and coordinating Library operations between multiple branches.
Applicants must submit a completed City of Waco application in order to be considered for this position. Resumes may be attached to the completed application, but not in lieu of one.
Minimum Starting Salary: $44,607.02